Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What is The Fruitful Bohemian?

Oh man, where do I start?

Well, My name is Darlene (call me DeeDee) and I'm a natura-holic. And it's freaking awesome!

I'm overly passionate about eating healthy and using gentle products that come from natural sources when it comes to taking care of myself. Now I don't always follow my own rules sometimes and I'm not perfect. But I see it as a never-ending journey towards achieving wholesomeness and simplicity in every day life. Yep, I know I sound really hippie-ish and idealistic but it's the truth.

I once lived on a hippie commune in rural Missouri for a year. From that experience, I learned how to grow my own food, plant medicinal herbs, cook from scratch (still a work in progress) and just how to be content living with less resources rather than always striving for more. Being out in nature and relying on 60 other like-minded individuals who also cared about the environment and being in control of their health was very inspiring to me and gave birth to me becoming a sort of bohemian health nut.

Picture Source: Harvard Health Publications Medical School




It empowered me to learn how to rely more on myself and my own abilities rather than always turning to conventional, store-bought, low quality foods and products. There's nothing more invigorating to me than making my own lotions or cooking a (mostly) organic meal full of essential vitamins and nutrients,  or even just reading other great nutrition and health-related blogs.

And thus The Fruitful Bohemian was born! This blog is more of a personal documentation of my adventure of slowly becoming more wiser when it comes to healthy living all-around as well as being a motivational tool for my academic studies as I pursue a nutrition degree. It'll feature some recipes I enjoy, nutritional tips, stories of my epic failures and triumphs, and other tidbits. Most importantly, this blog is for all of you who feel the urge to take more responsibility for what you put in and on your bodies. So here's to discovering new ways of living more sustainable, nourishing lives one fruit and veggie at a time!


Happy eating,
DeeDee ;)

1 comment:

Blogger said...

With bistroMD you will know that you will not only receive delicious entrees, but that every meal and every day in bistroMD's weight loss programs is balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform that's promoting an healthy diet.

STEP 1 - Choose one of the weight loss plans for 5 or 7 days of entrees.
STEP 2 - See your menu in advance and choose the meals you would like for each day and week.
STEP 3 - Order your diet program.
STEP 4 - Your meals are sent to your home.

TRY IT NOW - home delivery.